Sussex Vineyard – Coffee Shop and Tasting Room
South East Wineries Ltd
- Sedlescombe Organic Vineyard is England’s oldest organic wine estate, and is a popular tourist attraction in East Sussex, which attracts around 5000 visitors per year.
- Hawes Construction Group were contracted to construct a coffee shop and tasting room, building on the footprint of an existing barn.
- We built the structure back up from the original building, using traditional construction techniques, with a steel frame, brickwork, and vaulted cladded roofs.
- The client was passionate about sustainability, so we were able to fulfil their vision by using old floorboards that had been repurposed from a mill.
- To achieve the rustic look that the client wanted, we installed custom-made specialist crittal windows, polished concrete floors, and a vaulted roof to mimic the existing roof.
- Sedlescombe Organic Vineyard now has a warm, unique space where they can host talks, tours, and wine tastings. It also houses a bright and welcoming coffee shop.
- The sustainable features, rustic wooden elements, lighting, and furniture all contribute to the relaxing atmosphere of the space, while staying in keeping with the historical style of the building.
- Hawes Construction Group finished the project on time and on budget, and the client was very happy with our work.
High quality and standard, finished on time and on budget. Very professional
Colin F, Senior Quantity Surveyor Knights Brown
Contact us to discuss your next project
We are happy to answer any questions you have about our services and how we can help you with your project.