De Roos Road, Eastbourne
- We were contacted directly by the client and negotiated the scope of the project.
- We were asked to form a kitchen/dining room with a new utility room, remove a dividing wall in the downstairs toilet and install new sanitary ware with new decorations. We were also asked to refurbish the lean to. We carried out all structural works, electrical and plumbing works, plastering and decorations including ceramic tiling to the new toilet and kitchen flooring.
- The works consisted of demolition of a loadbearing internal wall, installing the support beam into the floor space so there was no bulkhead in the new kitchen/dining room. This required substantial temporary works with props and U Heads to carry the needle beams to support the first-floor wall above.
- We were also to remove an old concrete structure from the back garden to give them more space when they came out from the new kitchen doors.
- We rebuilt the external walls of the lean to and extended the roof above, with new folding doors in place the room was transformed into a cozy snug for the client’s teenage daughter.
- The unused external space adjacent to the original back door was built on to extend the utility room for the new kitchen layout.
- The new kitchen/dining room had new French doors opening out into the garden and the original internal single doorway was blocked up and new internal wooden double doors were installed.
- With new electrics installed for all the kitchen fittings and lighting, underfloor heating was also a client requirement.
- Although the works were disruptive for our client’s they remained in situ and we adapted a small kitchenette for them to use whilst the kitchen was ripped out. With regular communications we were able to guide the client through the process and we finished their new space a couple of days before lockdown, for which they were very grateful.
- The project was completed on time and within budget with some very chuffed clients and their teenage daughter.
"Alvar and his team used their extensive knowledge and experience to get our project completed, we were really pleased with the finish and love our new open space, we would happily recommend Hawes"
Contact us to discuss your next project
We are happy to answer any questions you have about our services and how we can help you with your project.