The Maldron Hotel, Brighton
Total is £20 million
- The rear section of the existing Metropole Hotel in Brighton has been sold to a private client, who is transforming it into a new hotel called The Maldron Hotel.
- Hawes Construction Group were contracted to form holes in the structure and complete brick/blockwork.
- We used our specialist skills in diamond drilling and concrete cutting to form pockets through the existing slab at strategic structural points. This was to facilitate façade retention steelwork required to retain the existing frontage whilst the rest of the hotel was demolished.
- We also completed small amounts of demolition work.
- We did brick/blockwork to block up a number of doorways and form partition walls.
- Parking and access were limited, so we worked a solution to allow easy access with minimal disruption to the surrounding areas.
- The client was very pleased with the result, and was glad that they could rely on our skills and expertise.
- The project is ongoing, and we are regularly invited back to complete more brickwork and blockwork.
Contact us to discuss your next project
We are happy to answer any questions you have about our services and how we can help you with your project.