Youth Centre – Tunbridge Wells
Kent County Council
- Hawes Construction Group were commissioned by Kent County Council to transform one of their existing buildings into a bright and welcoming facility for young people.
- Previously a family support centre, the building was dated, dark and dreary, and needed a total revamp.
- We stripped out some internal partition walls on the ground floor, to open up the space. This area could then be repurposed as a versatile activity room with a mirrored wall and computer suite, to be used for yoga, dance, relaxation, and other activities.
- A suspended ceiling was installed in the activity room, giving the space a much brighter and more modern feel.
- We formed a large structural opening between the kitchen and lounge, so that we could create a counter area from which to serve refreshments, transforming the space so that it was much more social and welcoming. Computers were also installed for the teenagers to use as they wished.
- We decorated the whole building to a high standard.
- While decorating, we discovered a major leak coming from the chimney and flat roof. To solve this problem, the client asked us to reform the roof, cover it with lead, and hack off and re-render the chimney.
- Hawes Construction Group were able to deliver a new youth centre that had been totally transformed, which was fully functional and fit for purpose.
- We were able to smoothly adapt to unforeseen problems, fix them efficiently, and drastically improve the functionality of the building.
- The Youth Centre was now bright, cheery, and welcoming – a place that young adults would feel comfortable and at home in.
Contact us to discuss your next project
We are happy to answer any questions you have about our services and how we can help you with your project.