- Bexhill Academy is a popular coeducational secondary school in Bexhill-on-Sea, which has academy status and a capacity of 1500 students.
- Hawes Construction Group successfully won the contract in a competitive tender, and were subsequently commissioned to construct a Multi-Use Games Area (MUGA) at the school, which would be used for a number of different sports in all weathers.
- We were required to repurpose an existing asphalt tennis court which had fallen into disrepair, so we meticulously prepared this area for construction.
- We covered the whole of the existing surface with plywood, as the ground underneath was found to be very flaky and unsuitable for laying the surface of the sports pitch without some protection.
- A steel frame with a canopy was erected to cover the sports pitch, transforming the space into a versatile area that could be used in all weathers.
- A new rubberised surface was then applied, providing suitable terrain for any sport.
- The students and staff of Bexhill Academy now had a pristine multi-purpose MUGA which was usable in any weather, for all sports, from tennis to basketball, and many others.
- Hawes Construction Group finished the project on time and on budget, and the client was very happy with our work.
- The new MUGA was immediately usable and perfectly suited for the growing student body of Bexhill Academy.
Contact us to discuss your next project
We are happy to answer any questions you have about our services and how we can help you with your project.