Shepham Wind Farm, Pevensey
Knights Brown Limited
- Knights Brown Limited have successfully developed over 150 wind farm projects across the UK in the past decade, their latest a three-turbine wind farm at Shepham.
- After a fiercely fought bidding war, Hawes Construction Group won the contract to construct the electrical control building, having been chosen for our high-quality workmanship and keen pricing.
- The purpose of this structure was to house electrical panels and to receive the incoming cables from the turbines, and it had to be designed to the highest industry standards, including a blast-proof basement.
- With an already tight timeline, compounded by delays in the external design process, we committed to a six-day week to ensure we delivered on our promised timelines.
- We managed all aspects of the project, following specific plans to build the complex subterranean structure.
- This included reinforced concrete, intricate block-work walls, and diamond-drilled wall openings to accommodate service ducts. These openings had to be sealed with a specialist waterproof sealant to accommodate the high water table in the area.
- Above ground, we built rooms to house switch gear, control panels, and metering, all finished to the highest standard with fire boarded ceilings, specialist paints and renders.
- We installed large steel security doors with millimetre-perfect precision – there was no room for error.
- With the final touches of handrails and a new access road, the site was ready for the turbines to be installed, having been shipped all the way from Holland.
- Our flexibility and commitment to our promises meant that the entire project was completed by the due date.
- Knights Brown was highly satisfied with the work of Hawes Construction Group, and our dedication to delivering the project to schedule.
- Our expertise in a range of disciplines meant that we were able to fulfil the highly specialist brief to a superior standard.
- The resultant wind farm has the capacity to provide the community with 7460.00(kW) of wind power, and we are proud to have contributed to the future of sustainable energy in the UK.
“High quality and standard, finished on time and on budget. Very professional.”
Senior quantity surveyor - Knights Brown
Contact us to discuss your next project
We are happy to answer any questions you have about our services and how we can help you with your project.