No. 1 Grove Road, Eastbourne
Eastbourne Borough Council
- No. 1 Grove Road in Eastbourne is home to a police station operated by Sussex Police.
- The project was to completely reconfigure the police offices.
- Hawes Construction Group successfully quoted for this project, and were awarded the contract.
- First, we stripped out the existing internal office structure, including ceilings, electrics and plumbing, we then formed new partitioning inside the building. This included toilets, a shower, and a kitchenette to enable the occupants to be self-sufficient.
- Outside, we removed the existing steps and then formed new steps, as well as a concrete ramp and handrail for increased accessibility and usability. We also formed a new reception area which was easily accessible from outside.
- Finally, we repositioned the iconic police lantern, which was moved from the original police station.
- Hawes Construction Group completed the project on time and on budget.
- The client was delivered a fit-for-purpose new workspace, which greatly improved the usability of the building, both for the police and for the public.
- The client was very happy with the result of the project.
Contact us to discuss your next project
We are happy to answer any questions you have about our services and how we can help you with your project.