Hawes Construction Group
Hawes Construction Group, formerly known as Hawes Building Ltd, was established by Bruce and Sarra Hawes in 2013. With over 60 years’ experience of the construction industry between them, they felt well placed to set up their own company to provide a quality service for their clientele. Offering a solution and client focussed service with a fully accredited team behind them, working throughout Sussex and its surrounding borders.
Their values being –
- Integrity & Honesty
- Pride in our Work
- Professional in our Approach
- Be the Best we can be
Bruce and Sarra met 30 years ago working for a national construction company and both worked their way up from management trainees to work on and manage a variety of projects throughout the South East. From sectional managers on multi-million-pound supermarkets to more bespoke projects for Churches, Schools, commercial and residential clients, housing associations and even one linked with the building of the Medway Tunnel.
What We Do
We specialise in residential and commercial building both new build and refurbishment. With our added expertise in concrete diamond drilling and concrete cutting we can facilitate our clients changing the use of a building. We also carry out strategic demolition and have extensive knowledge of temporary works as an essential service in refurbishments.
We are fully accredited with CHAS, Safecontractor, Builders Profile, Constructionline and our team are up to date with all the necessary health and safety qualifications including CSCS, SSSTS, SMSTS and enhanced DBS checks.
At Hawes Construction Group we do –
- Project management
- Residential and commercial new build
- Residential and commercial refurbishments
- Strategic demolition and temporary works/strip out
- Fit out including suspended ceilings and partitioning
- Concrete cutting and diamond drilling
- Robotic demolition
Advice and guidance
- We offer up to date information and advice
- Guide our clients through the building process and run our expert eye over your drawings
- Offer value engineering to give our clients the best value for their money
- Explain the steps to consider during preparation of the site
- Suggest ways to mitigate disruption whilst works are completed
- Ensure our clients receive a project completed on time and in budget
- While Sarra manages the operational side of the business, Bruce is hands-on with our team of fully qualified site managers. Hawes will review your plans and either Bruce or Sarra will visit the site with our estimator to evaluate the scale of the project to provide a detailed and itemised quotation and proposed programme of works.
- At the same time, Hawes will assess the access, power requirements and discuss with you the considerations and steps required to carry out the works.
- The Hawes Building team takes on the accountability to ensure your project is completed by a specialist contractor to the highest standards of workmanship. We use our team of trained tradesmen and a robust team of subcontractors.
From the beginning, Bruce and Sarra’s careers have been complementary. They both worked on the construction of the Eastbourne Sainsbury’s supermarket. Bruce subsequently worked on the Barnet, Dartford, Cobham, Epsom, Burpham, and Hedge End stores, while Sarra worked on the Tunbridge Wells and Fareham stores.
They both completed works at the Royal Sussex County Hospital in Brighton, Sarra on the North lift shaft, and Bruce on the South Lift shaft.
Sarra then worked on a diverse range of projects, including:
- As site manager on the Eastbourne Tennis Courts enabling works
- A project for the RAF Defence Explosive Ordnance Disposal School (DEODS) in Upnor, Kent
- A Job Centre refurbishment in Eastleigh
- Security and concierge works to an estate in Brixton
- A selection of schools in East Sussex, refurbs and new build extensions
Meanwhile, Bruce worked on a number of varied projects:
- He built the Portland Gate flats in Hove, acting as the senior site manager back in 1998
- Bruce also worked on The Evening Argus building in Brighton
- Crowborough Community Centre
- Boots store in Basildon