Bruce Hawes ACIOB
Bruce Hawes ACIOB
Bruce is a conscientious and professional Managing Director with extensive experience in the construction industry. He is highly motivated, efficient and his thorough and precise approach to projects has yielded excellent results.
Quality is of paramount importance to Bruce and his goal for the business is simple
– “to be the best at what we do”.
- Extensive knowledge and experience of construction
- Dedication to execute the company’s business strategies
- High standard of management skills
- Efficient delegator
- Problem solver and strategic client advisor
- Standard setter and leader by example
- Managing Director – Hawes Building Ltd
- Project Manager – Balfour Beatty Construction (freelance)
- Contracts Director – Protech Construction (UK)
- Site Manager / Contracts Manager – Walter Llewellyn & Sons
- Bricklayer – Self-Employed
- City & Guilds Advanced Craft Bricklaying
- Bridge Course in Building Studies
- HNC in Building Studies
- CIOB Member parts 1 & 2
- SMSTS CSCS Black Contract Managers
- UKATA Asbestos Awareness
Sarra Joined Walter Llewellyn & Sons Ltd in 1988 as a Management Trainee and after completing her training became a Site Engineer/Manager, running a wide variety of contracts all over the South East of the UK.
Alongside starting a family in 1999, Sarra worked as a part-time Tenant Liaison Officer, based on site, up until 2003. Sarra then worked at David Johns Associates as a Surveyor/Office Assistant until 2005.
Following a family career break, Sarra founded Hawes Building Limited, alongside her husband Bruce Hawes (Managing Director), in April 2013. At Hawes, Sarra has the responsibility of overseeing financial matters, Business Development, Staff Training, and contract co-ordination.
- Director – Hawes Building Ltd
- Surveyor/Office Assistant – David Johns Associates
- Site Engineer/Manager – Walter Llewellyn & Sons
- Management trainee – Walter Llewellyn & Sons
- Skills Training
- OND in Building Studies
- HNC in Building Studies
- First aid at work
- Ukata Asbestos awareness
- White CSCS Professionally Qualified Person card
- NVQ7 Senior Construction Management
With over 30 years’ experience in the industry, Nick brings specialist insight to all levels of fit out and refurbishment projects. He is both industrious and customer focussed ensuring all projects are run to a high standard, meeting the client’s expectations and maintaining a high level of attention to detail.
With most of his career spent within the specialist fit out sector, Nick is an essential team here at Hawes Building where he brings a good humoured but professional approach to his work.
Nick has a vast knowledge of the fitout sector and how to achieve the best results. With an eye for detail, Nick is adaptable in his approach and ultimately customer focussed.
- Contracts Manager – Hawes Building Ltd
- Contracts Manager – Trott Interiors
- Site Manager – Integra Interiors Ltd
- Partner Interior – Systems Fit Out Specialist
- CSCS GOLD Supervisor
- Asbestos awareness
- First Aid
Richard has been involved in the building industry all his working life, throughout this country and abroad. Initially as a time served carpenter progressing to a senior site manager.
Management and co-ordination of all aspects of construction activities and a comprehensive knowledge of all associated trades within a building project from fruition to completion within set times, dates and constraints.
Richard has worked with budgets ranging from £100,000 to £15m and managing up to 100 workers depending on size and stage of programme.
Richard has worked on a variety of projects for Whitbread ranging from the preservation of an 18th-century cottage and farm buildings to form a new bar-restaurant on the isle of Wight to building a new five storey hotel and ground floor restaurant in Southend.
- Site Manager – Hawes Building Ltd
- Site Manager – Ellis Building
- Senior Site Manager – Carter Lauren Construction
- Site Manager – Bell Frampton Ltd
- HND Building Studies
- CSCS (PQP)
- CITB SMSTS
- City & Guilds and advanced in Carpentry & Joinery
Graeme has many years’ experience in construction and 35 years of these have been in estimating. He has an eye for detail and very methodical approach to pricing tenders.
Graeme has experience of pricing projects from £90,000 up to £15 million, including a broad spectrum of new builds, refurbishments, commercial, health and education.
Graeme’s interests include most sports, mainly watching these days but he used to be a keen rower with Hastings and St Leonards Rowing Club. He is still actively involved in the running of the club including coordinating the annual regatta’s.
Graeme joins us from Westridge where he worked for 18 years and prior to that he worked alongside Sarra and Bruce at Walter Llewellyn & Sons.
- R.Corben & Sons
- Walter Llewellyn and Sons
- Westridge Construction Ltd
- HNC Building Studies